Whether you have a home or business in Bournemouth, blocked drains can cause a huge amount of inconvenience, and even be dangerous if they are not dealt with promptly, especially if you are in a house with small children, or if you are in a business where it can be dangerous to keep your drains blocked for too long.
Some of the most common causes of a blocked drain are hair, soap, and other detergents, fat and oil, paper, plastic, and other similar materials. No matter the cause, you will need to find expertise in drains clearance. The knowledge to achieve successful drain unblocking comes with time and training and is not something any but the most experienced DIY’ers will try to attempt themselves as any mistakes can make the situation worse and be very messy and costly to correct. The best way to prevent blocked drains is prevention.
So let’s take a look at some of the best ways to prevent Blocked Drains in Bournemouth.
Preventing a Drain Blockage
Drains clearance is a messy job and unless you know what you are doing, it can be very difficult to get the job done correctly and without making the situation worse. So, your best course of action is to prevent blocked drains in the first place. Here are some of the best ways to do this:
- Keep your drains clear of anything that could cause a blockage. This can include hair, soap, oil, and vegetable peelings, tea leaves and coffee grounds, as well as other similar materials. The easiest way to do this is to put a drain sieve in your sink and place it over the drain. This will prevent anything from going down the drain and causing a blockage. If you do not have a drain sieve, you can use a piece of fine mesh or a piece of nylon net to catch any debris that may be flushed down the drain.
- Use a washing up bowl so that any food matter is captured as it is washed off plates and dishes. Then pass the waste water through a colander or food sieve to remove any remaining food matter so this may be thrown away into the bin.
- Make it a regular habit to clean the kitchen sink and drains after each use by running hot water through the sink and then rinsing it out with cold water. This will ensure that any food or other debris stuck in the pipework is dislodged and flushed away.
- Remind the whole family to take care when throwing things into the sink or down the toilet. Coffee grounds and tea leaves should be added to the compost bin along with food scrapings; sanitary products, nappy liners and paper tissue should be placed in a bin and not flushed away in the toilet.
- Don’t let your toddlers play with the toilet water (they have a habit of stuffing lego pieces around the U-bend), or having small toys in the bath that could slip down the drain when the water is let out.
- And if you have a children’s party make sure they are supervised with the amount of toilet paper they use – it’s amazing how quickly even dissolvable paper can block up a whole sewer when too much is flushed down in one go!
Drain Clearing Services in Bournemouth, Near Me
If you live in Bournemouth and are on Google searching for ‘drain clearing services near me’, your search will return with a recommendation for the Pro Drainage Group. Bournemouth Drain unblocking is one of the many services we offer to both domestic and commercial customers. Part of a national network of drainage specialists, we provide a range of drain clearing services including: toilet unblocking, drains clearance, septic tank maintenance, and sewage treatment maintenance.
We also provide other drain clearance services including drain cleaning, CCTV drain inspection and drain repair. As experts in drain unblocking, we have the equipment and expertise to unblock drains in all types of drain, quickly and efficiently, the same day.
Drain Clearing Services in Bournemouth Guaranteed to Work
We are a family run business who pride ourselves on our professionalism and customer service. At Pro Drainage Group we provide:
- All our workers are fully qualified Safe-Contractor-Approved with full training and expertise in a variety of drainage systems, both mains attached and off-grid. A strict set of nationwide standards are met which guarantees quality throughout the whole network.
- The equipment we use is state-of-the-art which enables us to resolve drainage problems quickly and efficiently.
- Safety is always at the forefront of our minds so all drain unblockers are used according to strict safety procedures and manufacturers’ guidelines to ensure no harm is done to workers, pets or household members.
- Having a local office in Bournemouth means we can respond to your call out quickly. In an emergency, you can call our Emergency Helpline on tel:0800 611 8277 for an immediate response. Or for a general enquiry and advice you can use our Live Chat on the website.
- We want you to have peace of mind using our services so we never charge for a call-out and are always happy to give a free, no obligation quotation.
- 24-hour a day service 365 days of the year.
- We are proud of our work and are happy to guarantee our workmanship.
- Budget-friendly pricing.
- We treat our customers as we want to be treated ourselves, and you will always find our customer service friendly and helpful, and happy to answer your questions and help resolve your drain blockage problems.
We are a family run business and like to treat our customers like family too, so whether you have an immediate problem with your drainage system, or would like to chat about how you can prevent problems in the future, then get in touch with us at Pro Drainage through Live Chat on the website or by calling our Emergency Helpline on tel:0800 611 8277.
We are always happy to take your call any time of day or night.